Council Tower, Piata
Mica nr. 1
The Council Tower
was built in the 13th century being the first time mentioned
in a document dated 1370. Its name is related to the
next building, which was the first Town Hall of the
city. The tower became the entrance gate of the second
fortified walls. At the last floor, an observation desk
allows a bird-eyes view over the historic town and one
floor below you can see the clock mechanism
Arts House, Piata Mare nr. 21
The Arts House is one of the most beautiful buildings
in Sibiu and one of city's symbols. The Arts House,
is the Old Butchers house built in 15th century and
designed for shops, dominates the square with its silhouette
with eight arches at the ground floor. Now hosts the
"Emil Sigerus' Museum
Tower , Piata Huet
The tower, one of the oldest building in Sibiu, is raised
on the foundation of the oldest element preserved from
the first fortifications around the church existing
here at the end of the 12-th century. The present tower
is dated from 1542
The most of the remaining parts of the old City Walls
and Towers can be seen on the East side of the town
along the Coposu Avenue and Manejului Street. On Cetatii
Street there are three remaining towers from the third
belt of fortifications.
Bd. C. Coposu
Built at the middle of the 16th century it used to be
the infantry tower. The first town theatre was installed
here in 1778. Recently renovated and incorporated in
the new city theatre
Part of the protection edifice that surrounded the old
town, built in 1552. Situated at the
south-eastern end of the fortification, on the present
Corneliu Coposu Boulevard, is an ample construction
with brick structure.
the Lower Town, at the further end of strada Zidului
(Wall Street) stands the circular Gunpowder
Tower (Turnul Pulberariei).
A circular massive tower built in 16th century as part
of Ocna Gate Complex used to store gunpowder. In Pulberariei
street stands an octagonal tower built by the Tanner's
guild, Turnul Pielarilor
Old Town Hall
A historic building used to be the Old Town Hall for
450 years. The building was built in 16th century in
Renaissance and Gothic style.
There is a gallery in the yard, which leads to the tower.
House, Piata Mare 10,
Built in Renascence style it preserves from the old
edifice built in 15-16th century the arches, decorations,
doorframes, and the portal with blazon. Haller family
will be the owner of the building for 345 years.
Str. Avram Iancu nr. 16
It is among the oldest dwelling from Sibiu.
Liars Bridge, Piata Mica
The first iron-cast bridge in Romania built in 1859
over the way of acces that connects the upper town to
the lower town, opened in 1851.